Thursday, July 18, 2013

Mexican Tilapia Bowl

I found a recipe for a fish taco bowl and made a few alterations that work best for my family. The run down follows:

Mix the following

1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper



Spray Casserole dish and add 4 tilapia filets. (I use the individual wrapped frozen fillets and defrost in water)

Spread season mixture over both sides of fish



Broil for about 10 minutes until fish are done.



In the meantime, dice up onions and bell peppers and sautee in EVOO

Serve over a spinach salad with steamed corn, black beans, sauteed peppers and onions and a couple of drizzles of EVOO



D immediately confirmed this healthy awesomeness. He rated it a 9 and said that 1point could easily be earned with some type of healthy dressing option. The bottom layer of spinach was dry. Perhaps I should layer next time.

Here she goes again.......issues


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment