Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chalkboard menu

I am obsessed with the presentation of meals. Really with any type of presentation.

The last few times I've had people over and created a "dinner spread", I felt like something was missing. I wanted some type of personalization. My table only seats 4 (1 highchair) so really just 3 therefore a tablescape is out.

I typically lay all my food items across the bar countertop buffet style, so this is where I needed the extra punch. I'm sure I didnt come up with this on my own, I must have seen it somewhere but I dont know where.

Chalkboard menu:

I took a wooden picture frame from goodwill and painted the wood with color of choice and the glass with chalkboard paint





This project was actually an all day event. It took several layers of chalkboard paint to cover the glass. You will need to paint both sides so that any streaks you create will still be black.

I painted a layer, let dry, held the glass in front of a window to check for streaks, and painted again.

Loved the way it turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment