Sunday, July 7, 2013

TURKEY BALLS!

After purchasing 2 trays of turkey meat on sale at Brookshires (with coupon), I wanted to try something different.  We cook with turkey meat all of the time, but I wanted something new that would hopefully become a staple.  A quick search lead me to a turkey ball recipe where I already housed all of the ingredients.  I looked simple and easy which made the selection a no brainer.

Here is the recipe I used:

http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-meatballs-33944

I used powder garlic and green onions and added sauteed mushrooms and celery.  I also baked on 350 for 30 minutes (because it's hands free).





Sidenote:  I wish I took great pictures.  I am jealous of all the cool pictures I see on instagram or other blogs.  Photography is clearly a talent that I do not have

The meatballs turned out really really well!!!! I am happy with how easy they were and will def make more and freeze them in the future.  It was missing a little bit of flavor that I will work on for next time.  Maybe BBQ sauce (since I have about 20 bottles) or a stronger spice.  RL LOVED these.  She ate 3 at one sitting! I was super excited knowing that she was eating the mushroom and celery hidden inside! 

Having a few days off from work means I catch up with fun kid crafts that unfortunately I dont have much time to do during a work week.  One idea was homemade bubbles!!! 

I purchased mason jars because I have always wanted some to make homemade salsa in but you can use any container you have handy.

To fill one mason jar mix:

4 cups hot water
a little under 1/4 cup corn syrup
a little over 1 cup of dish detergent
food coloring if you wish




RL only wanted to play with the pink!! So cute and super fun.  These will last a looooong time! Just be careful with the glass jar, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment