Monday, July 8, 2013

KIDS CRAFTS

I was blessed to have a couple of extra days off work this week, so I wanted to catch up with a few projects I have had stored away and "pinned".

First up....SQUIRT SIDEWALK CHALK!! (originally found on Growing a Jeweled Rose blog)


I went to three different stores before I purchased the squirt bottles at family dollar (2 for $1.50).  I filled a little over 1/2 with vinegar, used 4 tablespoons of corn starch, and several squirts of washable paint.  The original recipe calls for baking soda.  I added it to the first squirt bottle after all the ingredients and there was a small explosion!! It was all fun and games until I realized that paint was plastered all over my kitchen, therefore, the rest of the bottle did not receive baking soda and they worked just fine.  Tempura paint would probably work better, but I used what I had.  You could also use food coloring, but reviews say it is harder to get out.

RL loved helping me make them and shaking them up!!



Now it was time for play!!!






Since I didn't include baking soda in the bottles, you can spread a little over the paint and then squirt some vinegar on top to watch it fizz!!




Any type of crafting or painting does not hold RLs attention for too long.  She would rather play house or tea party.  One day we had a teapot themed day!!

We started the morning with homemade banana pancakes (recipe soon) with homemade syrup.  She LOVED these and has asked for them every morning since.


Then we modpoged some scrapbook paper on a wooden teapot I found at Michaels for 99 cents!!


Next since mama is obsessed with goodwill picture frames, we modpoged one for a frame!


I loved the way this turned out!!!

We also worked on our fine motor skills to help with early writing development.






I should have put those pics in a collage.  Sorry!!!

To round off this blog, here is a bonus pic of R hanging in his boxers.  Love his rolls!!


No comments:

Post a Comment