Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ranch turkey burgers!!

I found a recipe online and made a few adjustments based on preference.

1 tray turkey meat
1/4 cup Worcestershire
1 egg
2 tbsp pepper
1 tbsp salt
4 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 package of ranch powder
Sautéed mushrooms and celery

Mix all together and cook/grill.

I topped it with bacon and parm cheese

D gave it a 7. I thought it was good and better than a regular burger, but it didn't have as bold of a flavor as I wanted. I will add more of all of the seasonings next time.

Rl loved it and ate the hidden veggies. :)

As I write this blog, I come to you a couple of hundred dollars poorer. Let me tell you the story. Last night was very challenging at the emory household. Ruddick has TERRIBLE reflux. From the time he got home from school he threw up 11 times soaking 11 bibs and 4 pajamas. I was soaked but I wanted to conserve the amount laundry I do, so I stayed soaked.

As I changed Ruddick into his last available pair of pjs, RL runs in to inform me that she has poopooed in her panties and asks proudly for a sticker. I clearly have made some potty training mistakes some where.

Everyone got cleaned up and then I discovered that RL had climbed into Ruddick's crib with an entire box of wipes and emptied them out soaking the bed. :) Deep breaths, mama.

I am not ashamed to admit that I gave RL a dose of Benadryl to help ease the early transition to bed that I insisted on (and then I quickly followed).

I was awoken at 230 this morning to the sounds of the baby crying. It didn't take long to soothe him back to sleep. However soothing me back to sleep was a different story. My list of things to do was amplified times a million at 230 in the morning. I debated the thought of starting my day. I debated making a cup of coffee. I debated organizing my closet. Finally, it was 430 am and I got up did some big whit work, cleaned the house, checked my sales on twin city swap, and made a diaper cake.

I had a ton of things to load in the car. Diaper bags, dance bags, sale items, lunch and the list goes on. I was finally off to drop Ruddick at school and head to work. As I am driving down 165 I hear a loud thump and see black flying in my rear view mirror and cars dodging. I was assuming I had a blow out and sternly gripped the steering wheel. Hmmmm. It wasn't bumpy.

It clicked.....my phone.....i left it on top of my car. Yes, I really did. After 30 minutes of risking my life as 80 mph car maniacs passed me by and created the natural wind blown look of my hair, I recovered the back of my phone only.

So the money I have saved with coupons in the last few months is now invested into a squeaky new phone without sticky 2 year old fingerprints. A $200 mindless mistake my friends.

I am in desperate need for a vacation.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment