Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sautéed shrimp

I've posted my sautéed shrimp before but I wanted to post again with a couple of alterations. In the past I have typically used the frozen precooked small shrimp. This time I used medium (I will go back to small in the future).

I defrosted the shrimp under cold running water in a colander.

I chopped up 1/2 an onion, chives (that I regrew for the second time) and celery (bc it was starting to turn brown). I put in a skillet with a couple of tbsp of "I can't believe it's not butter" (so good) and sautéed. Since I used celery this time, it was really important that the veggies were soft before putting in the shrimp. (Raw celery and shrimp sound awful to me).



I added the shrimp and seasoned with pepper, Tony's, at least 1/2 cup garlic powder, and lemon and pepper



The shrimp carries a lot of moisture that makes the "sauce" very watery and causes the mixture to boil. Leaving it like this will not allow the flavors to coat the shrimp.

For this meal, I chose to put the shrimp over pasta (for my husband only of course). So I poured the watery mixture into the pasta water.



You want barely any liquid left in the skillet. If is boiling, it is too much.



At this point, I put another 2 tbsp of butter and 3 large circles of olive oil. This is your new non watery sauce. I re season until I'm happy with the taste and even add a couple of turn overs of Tabasco.



Since this shrimp is precooked, the longer you recook you take the chance of the shrimp being tough and rubbery.

Mine is often a little tough but I prefer the flavor to tenderness. The smaller shrimp is a better option for this recipe to help with this.



Idea to plate was 27 minutes. D gave it an 8.

As I was cooking RL went outside with her daddy. I found her naked again swinging on the golf cart.



I have to address the nakedness obsession she clearly has. I have great concerns about this for the future. I know that I am responsible for creating this non desire for clothes. When she was a baby she had bad reflux. I changed her clothes so many times that I just stopped putting clothes on her. People often commented on the numerous amount of pictures of my child without clothes. I now regret that decision as she seems to think
that the normal is to NOT wear clothes or shoes.

This could go really wrong in so many ways.....,

No comments:

Post a Comment