Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Uncle Richard.........

There are truly no words that can be said or written to adequately describe who Richard Morrow was. It is simply impossible. You just had to know him. You had to hear his voice, see his smile, and feel his presence. In all honesty, I feel as if there are no words worthy to describe him. Words seem so empty, one dimensional, and flat.

I will try to explain what I mean...

You see my Uncle Richard wasn't just encouraging, a word that could be used to describe him. There was actual belief behind it. Faith, drive, positive expectations intertwined into his encouraging phrases.

He wasn't just kind. It was a spirit. The face of Christ in kind words, kind actions, and quiet prayers.

He wasn't just a believer in Christ. His very presence on the earth was a journey of biblical teachings.  He was steadfast in his belief and was selfless in sharing with others.

He was welcoming to all those who crossed his path. If you shake his hand.........you are loved.  Instantly.

Just a couple a months ago we had an garage sale at my grandmothers house. Uncle Richard filled the room with his knowledgeable chatter and excitement over each item in the house.  He is a natural salesman.  Every person who walked through the door was greeted and welcomed.  He probably learned something about 90% of the customers.  How often do you feel welcomed at a garage sale?  As the sale came to a close we found a bible trivia book.  I flipped through the pages not recognizing the majority of the names or stories.  (I made a mental note to work on this)  I ran the questions by Uncle Richard expecting a little more than my ignorance and was taken back by his almost 100% accuracy.  Really Uncle Richard? You know the story of Deborah?  I said my goodbyes and gave Uncle Richard one last hug.  I didn't know that it would  actually be the last hug.  I remember his smile and it makes me smile.  Every time.

Uncle Richard didn't just love.  He adored, nurtured relationships, genuinely cared, and was unwavering.  He was a salesman by trade, but a teacher by nature.  The world was left a better place because of him. The people who knew him are better for having known him.  We should all strive to leave that legacy

God healed his physical body and opened His arms in heaven.  I will miss him every single day. He is celebrated on earth by those who love him. He himself celebrates in the arms of Jesus Christ


Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment