Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hummus Dip

Let me just start by saying that this dip has lead me to believe I need my own cooking show. I mean really, it is pure genius.

I have been trying to figure out how to eat hummus for a couple of years. Let me be real honest....I literally had to google how to spell hummus. It was truly a foreign food to me. All I knew is that skinny and healthy looking people talked about it. So I thought I would try and jump on the bandwagon. After trying multiple types (and almost gagging after trying roasted red pepper...the worst kind ever) I decided to visit the hummus bar at brookshires. The bar allows you to try small amounts of multiple variations without committing to an entire container.

First out of the gate....black bean hummus !So now what? It looks pretty good but shouldnt there be more??? Enter the idea of a dip!! Here is how I layered....

Black bean hummus
Mozz cheese
Halved cherry tomato
Chives
Chopped green bell pepper
Salt and pepper
SMALL drizzle of red wine vinegar

Clearly you can add whatever the heck you like and want, but oh my this is a good combo!! Its like a healthy 7 layer dip (ode to college late nights!!)





For the days I need the carbs, I will dip with wheat thins and when I am feeling super healthy celery will be the dipper.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment