Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Usps is not my friend


You know that sickish feeling you get in your stomach when your worried. When you think of something that makes your heart drop into the pit of your stomach?

Well, I feel terrible today. Let me explain.  When Ruddick was born my sister loaned me a ton of her precious baby clothes.  I mean, a ton!  Nice clothes.  The time came where my chunky baby grew out of them and my sis was getting ready to have her second baby boy.  So, of course I mailed them back to her (who lives in San Antonio) in plenty of time to rewash, pack for the hospital, and see if she needed anything else for her expected new son. 

Well.......she is having the baby tomorrow and the clothes have not arrived.  Of course, I cleaned out my purse a couple of days ago and decided that she surely has received the package by now so therefore i tossed the tracking number.  I (my husband) was able to sweet talk Office Depot into finding the tracking number for us that revealed that it was undeliverable as addressed.  Great....did I mess that up???? 

Do you ever feel like you are doing so "good in life", churning out the workload, making wise parenting decisions, keeping up with laundry, keeping kids fed and bathed and then one bad decision totally cancels everything out?  How could I mess up the address? I checked it three times??

I feel absolutely terrible.  She was so generous and willing to offer pretty much everything she had and now she goes into the hospital with nothing to bring the baby home in!!! This is a big deal!!!

 The US Postal Service just has not been my friend today.  Tuesday is typically my favorite day to check the mail.  Brookshires circular of course.  Today I also received a thank you card from the mother of a friend who recently passed away.  My heart dug itself further into my gut.  I saw the name on the return address label and I immediately went to prayer.  I cannot imagine the pain and all I can do is pray.  It took me a minute to gain the courage to open the envelope and her handwritting was suddently familiar.  She was also my junior high teacher.  She recalled fond memories of me and her daughter and asked for continued prayers.  I often say "I will be praying for you", but I also often forget.  I don't want to forget this family and their pain and challenge myself to remember to pray.

Next on the mailman's drop off was some lab results.  Boo!! Apparently my cholesterol is not perfect.  Really? Cholesterol? I am not sure what that even means.  The letter states that it is "close to the normal range", however requires lifestyle changes.  Um, yes....lifestyle changes.  I will need to put that on my to do list.  Again, I am not even sure what that means.  I also had a high number of glucose spillage and will need to be re-tested in a couple of weeks.  I had gestational diabetes which means I have a 80% chance of developing it later in life.  I just didnt think later in life would be 6 months after birth.  Let's pray that the glucose is just a random result.  I am 33 years old and have bad cholesterol and possible diabetes.  Who would have thought????



And here is my bonus pic of baby boy!!



-



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment