Monday, July 15, 2013

Deals this week.

There a lot of great deals this week that allowed me to stock up on items that my family regular uses rather its on sale or not.
Kashi and Special K cereal on sale for 2.50 at Walgreens compared to $3 at Walmart (i had a few $1 off coupons collected from the back of previous boxes).



Also at Walgreens, chex mix bogo ($3.17) plus I had a couple of 50 cents off 1 and 60 cents off 2 so I got them for $1.08 and $1.28.



Plus....a great price on water. $1.99!!



Rite aid has the crest mouthwash on sale for 4.99 with a $3 up rewards. Use a $1.10 coupon from coupons.com and score it for 89 cents.



Plus reach toothbrush on sale with up rewards and coupon from coupons.com



Cvs has tampons with $3 extra bucks plus $3 coupon from coupons.com equals $1.99.



These are just a few highlights. Let me know if your looking for even more deals!!!

I served seared Tuna last night!! I've posted my recipe before and it is soooooo good. Garlic ginger (found in the Asian aisle) is the key. This is not something that can be made unless someone else is in control of the kids. You have to really watch the tuna when it's in the skillet. Total time is only about 25 mins.
I pour a mixture of rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, garlic ginger, and season with salt and pepper. Use the back of a fork and press into the tuna a bit.



The rice vinegar and balsamic vinegar are totally not necessary. I just had it, so I added it.




Heat evoo on med heat for about 3 mins until hot and then place the tuna.




I added celery.




If you want it good and seared it takes about 3 to 4 minutes per side.

After removing from the skillet, I reseason with salt, pepper, and soy.

It is great over a spinach salad with balsamic vinegarette dressing.




And for an update on the family. We are trying out a new sticker chart strategy with RL. We really need to get her in the habit of picking up after herself,
Poopooing in the potty (and not her panties or the floor) and also keeping her clothes on.

I let her help decorate it.



I started out by giving her a sticker for anything she slightly did good. I wanted her to get the hang of it. The p stands for prize ( 10 stickers equals a trip to the prize box) and the t stands for tea party (which she loves). This is also a good way to reinforce letters and counting.

Yesterday was Ruddick's 6 mth bday and I totally forgot. Mom fail. He is just now getting the hang of rolling over. Both of my kids were "behind" in this milestone. RL actually had to attend physical therapy when she still wasn't pushing up at 6 mths. I am so thankful that Ruddick is progressing.

*****i intended to include a super cute pic here but he fell asleep before I got one ******

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment