Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Honey Mustard Chicken in the Crockpot

I had my purse on my shoulder and the baby strapped into his carseat this morning when I remembered that I needed to prepare dinner in the crockpot this morning!

I discover more and more everyday that my memory is slowly becoming non functional.  Are you ever driving somewhere and then you forget where you are going?  Do you forget something you just decided to do a mere two minutes ago? I often make mention of this to my friends and co-workers.  You know what the most common response is?  "Two young kids will do that to you".  Well, if that is the case.....I've got a long way to go.

The point of my pitiful me story was to demonstrate how quickly this can be thrown together.  I didn't want to drag out any measuring aids, so my directions are estimates.

Place chicken in crockpot and season with salt and pepper.  You can use tenders or breasts.

Mix together:

about a 1/2 cup of honey mustard or honey D (I used Kens Honey Mustard Dressing from BOGO brookshires)

about 1/4 cup of syrup (I used homemade - leftover from my banana pancakes recipe)

about 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar

Poor over chicken and cook on low for about 4 hours or 6 if using frozen chicken.



Thats it!!! It is a little tricky if you are gone from 8 to 5.  It will work if you come home for lunch, have a timer on your crockpot, or have a husband that works from home (which is my case).  This is the closest I can ever get him to cooking!

These will be great for sandwiches, over a salad, over rice, over veggies. The options are endless!  I just plan to do them along side the roasted zucchini.  I have been craving this masterpiece since my initial discovery of goodness.  Go back a few blogs for this recipe!!

I also had celery, onions, and carrots already finely chopped so I sauteed them for extra veggies.



THE RESULTS:

D gave this an 8.5 bc the chicken was a little dry. I think if you are using tenders, they need to be cooked closer to 3 1/2. I will def use this again for a quick easy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment