Saturday, August 10, 2013

Bathtub Paint Craft Activity and More Target Deals

You know how eveything looks so pretty and easy on pinterest? You know how in real life it never turns out the same way? Well, at least mine never do.

Example #1 - Bathtub Paint

I did a google search trying to find ideas for this frosting creation flavor starter that I have obtained many of over the last few weeks.

They have been free for a while, so I went a little overboard. I have more frosting flavors than I will ever need for cupcakes for the next few years.

I found that you could mix it with shaving cream to make colored "paint" for the bathtub. So this sounds like a quick fun weeknight activity!! I was excited about taking a cute artistic looking picture of the perfectly mixed colors ready to make pretty pictures on the bathroom walls.

Instead.........this is the picture you get...



Pinterest worthy? I think not.

Here is how it all went down. I filled a muffin tin with shaving cream.



My intention was to use multiple frosting creations for different colors, but RL decided she wanted them all pink. RL sprinkled the packet unevenly over the shaving cream and roughly "stirred" each one.









It was kind of hard to really mix up in the tiny area.

Stop for a teachable moment. Can you find something that the pink color matches? "My shirt!"



Great...we've accomplished something!!

Then it was time to head to the bathtub. I intended on having multiple large paint brushes, but my lack of preparation resulted in only finding a small sized brush. Another fail.



So now we paint.









Not quite the colorful art I was imagining.



Smells good though



Making the baby drool with envy.

Then we decide to fingerpaint and scream because it's messy (I have a girly girl on my hands).









So then I really freak her out by dumping this whole hot mess in the tub.






She couldn't get out fast enough!!!



So we were done. At least there were a few learning moments, right? A beautiful mess?

Dinner for the night - Roast and Veggies.

I love the roasts with the seasoning and veggies all packaged together, but I am not always willing to pay the price. I'm sure it's not much more than everything individually, but I honestly have trouble paying full price for things. I just do. So I was excited to see this roast marked down at Wal-Mart.



Put everything in the crockpot before work and walk into a prepared meal. You don't realize what a difference it makes when you have to do absolutely nothing when walking in the door. Not even a dish to get out or clean. It was amazing.




Finally, some target deals. Target has toys marked down up to 70 % off. There are some great deals on princess and fairy toys, as well as, leap frog items. Think Christmas, birthdays, friend's birthdays!! These sales give you the opportunity to stock up and avoid sticker shock when susie q from daycare invites everyone to her birthday. (No judgement......I do it too).










No comments:

Post a Comment