Sunday, August 11, 2013

Kids Crafts and Another Pinerest Fail

Why is it that I cannot seem to successfully duplicate any of the cute pinterest projects?? Perhaps another purpose of my blog is to save my readers time by sharing my failures.  Yes, that must be it.

Here is the pin:   Mix elmers glue with food coloring and paint the glass


This is what I ended up with:



Maybe its because I didn't use "Elmers" glue??

So with that failure behind me, I wanted to do another sensory project with RL. Mixing food coloring, shaving cream, and corn starch to make a fluffy playdough type consistency.



The blogger raved about how much fun this dough is that even the adults were addicted. Really cool right?

Nope...couldn't make that work either.  Adding the corn starch just made it crumble. Most certainly not something that anyone wanted to play with.



 RL did have fun being messy with the pink shaving cream though.  She wasn't even scared of the mess!!









She really liked her pink hands!



Then I decided to add just a little corn starch which made a fun new gooey consistency. We liked to rub our hands together.



Brother watched in envy. He had to sit this one out because he would just eat it.




2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the jar. It seems everyone in the world can make mason jars these spectacular works of art, except me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I know me too. I enjoy your blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete