Saturday, August 3, 2013

Pesto Cheese Spread


I borrowed this unique and yummy recipe from one of my best friends mom, Honey. She had the recipe written out on a notecard with a note saying "it was a big hit.". Yep, a big hit is what I was looking for!!

Honey has lots of talents. Check out my door decor by Honey-Made Creations. Check her out on facebook!!!



Pesto Cheese Spread

What you will need:

Provolone cheese (round)
Pesto
Sundried tomato (drained) **these need to sit out for a few hours in the colander**
1 block of Cream cheese (softened)
2 tablespoons Minced garlic
A lengthy serving tray
Clear wrap

Line a serving dish with clear wrap then layer 6 slices of cheese (over the wrap)


Mix cream cheese and minced garlic and layer over cheese


Then layer pesto



**drying out the sundried tomatoes**


Layer over the pesto


Next, layer 4 slices of cheese


Repeat layers the exact same and end with 4 slices of cheese

Wrap in the clear wrap and refrigerate for at least a couple hours.


Add a box of crackers and tie a bow to bring to a new homeowner (to include a cutting board or tray they can keep) or a new mom!




Kids Crafts: Canvas Letter

I also want to share a little project I did with RL a while back for her room. I pinned this idea from homemadeginger.com.

I lost all my prep work pics when I left my previous phone on top of my car, but at least you can see the final results!

Use painters tape to make your letter of choice on canvas. Allow child to use a paint brush or finger paint to spread colors over the canvas. For younger kids, you may need to turn the canvas to each side so that it doesn't become a hot mess of mixed colors. It's also helpful if you can paint in time increments to allow some of the paint colors to dry.

Allow all paint to dry and then remove painters tape


So easy and so cute!!




No comments:

Post a Comment