Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Family Talk

Let's take a break from the meals and deals tonight and talk family for a minute. It has been a rough few days in the Emory household. Rl was sick this weekend with a throat infection and R got shots (which he does not respond well to). Both had fever and were extremely unpleasant. D and I did our best to distract and comfort, but my goodness it was challenging!!!

Rl is feeling better, but has gone a little crazy the last couple of days. She is transitioning into a new classroom at school, so I am sure that that has something to do with her new behavior. Throwing things, biting me when mad, yelling "no" and "stop" at the top of her lungs in my face and a fierce battle to go to bed. I can handle most things, but the tragic battle for bedtime I am struggling to deal with effectively. We have been a little lax lately on her bedtime routine, so maybe the conistency of steps to bed were more important than I thought.

The baby has decided that he hates dinner time and screams in the highchair. This child has a temper!!!! He doesnt make it
further than one bite of baby food because he freaks out if you do not give him the spoon. I am serious. Freaks.out.loudly. I am planning to rework what I serve him going in the direction of what he can eat himself. Hopefully this will help.

We need peace for all again. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment