Monday, August 5, 2013

The Deals This Week

Before I get to the deals I snatched up this week, we need to talk.  If you read my blog consistently (all 4 of you), you know that I try to eat a somewhat of a low-carb diet.  I am not a strict Atkins girl, but I try to choose dinner options that don't include pasta or bread.  I most certainly splurge and will eat 11 freshly made homemade cookies if you sit them in front of me, but I don't stock them in my house.  Well, now I have found a new diet plan that I am unfortunately committing to in the very very near future.

Let me first clarify my weight loss goals.  I know that I am not overweight.  I also know that I am not in shape.  I will address that in the Fall with exercise.....maybe.  My initial goal is basically to fit back into the clothes I was wearing before my pregnancy with R.  Every once in a while I still wear maternity pants to work.  Very often, I still wear the belly band to secure my dress pants I can't seem to button.  The morning closet scan has become a dreaded moment for me due to the struggle of just finding something to fit.  I feel for the neglected cute shorts that will have to go into storage for another year before they see the sunlight.  I am stuck with a mere 7 lbs left to loose.

Okay...so the diet plan.  Are you ready for this?  Wait for it........ADULT BRACES!!!
Did you gasp? Are you frightened? Will you call me braceface??  How is this a diet plan you ask? I will have lots of rubber bands parading around my mouth in order to straighten up my jaw (the reason for the braces).  I cannot imagine that a snack here and there will be worth taking and putting back in all those pesky little things.  Plus the basic thought of a mouth full of metal just makes me nauseous.  Ugh!

The date is August 15th.  Please keep me in your thoughts.

On to the Deals of the Week.

My husband has challenged me to spend little out of pocket this month and just ride on the rewards I receive as well as my stockpile.  So, that is what I will focus on for this week.  Of course I am still taking advantage of alot of school supply offers to help my friend Misti who is a full-time missionary and in need.

WALGREENS:

Transaction #1 -

Crest Mouthwash - Use $1.50 coupon from 7/28 paper.
                Paid $1.76 -  Receive $2.00 Register Rewards (moneymaker)

Transaction #2 -

Colgate toothpaste - Use $1 coupon from 7/28 paper - Receive $2.50 Register Reward
3 Compasses - $.87
1 10 pack of pens - $.29
6 5 packs of mechanical pencils - $1.74
Bic colored pencils - on sale .99 use $1 off Bic from 8/4 paper (free!)
Use $2.00 from first transaction and pay $4.76  out of pocket and receive $2 Register Reward

So $6.52 out of pocket with $2.50 RR back so basically $4.02 for all of these products!




RITE AID


Rite Aid did not have any AMAZING deals this week, but I had a ton of Ups Rewards that I had to use before expiration.  When this happens, it is time to search the sales for products you use, on sale for the week, and is cheaper than Walmart.  Alot of times I am just looking for the freebies or under a $1, but they are not always available.  You don't want to pay full price for an item (or worse over the cost of Wal-Mart) just because you have Ups rewards.  That defeats the purpose of getting the original good deal that gave you the Ups!

Here is what I found....

Wet and Wild Nail Polish on sale for $.67.  Use 2.00/3 from 7/28 paper.  Final price .01 cent for all 3!!!
    ***I never buy nail polish, but it was fun to splurge on fun colors since it was free***

Now this next deal is a little embarrasing. Since honesty is good for the soul, I will share.  My hubs is really into foot care.  He is.  It's weird.  Since, I don't want him to go and spend crazy money on powders and creams, I have to be on the look out for good prices.  I can't believe I am even sharing this!!!

Gold Bond Powder BOGO 50% off
Gold Bond Foot Cream BOGO 50% off
Use 4 $1 off coupons from smartsource online.

Used up rewards from last week and paid $2.67 out of pocket and received $6 up rewards.




Okay, so this week I've spent about $9 out of of pocket. I didn't need any groceries so I am on track so far.

What have you learned from today's blog? My hubs takes care of his feet and I am about to be Brace Face.  Do you feel educated? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment