Sunday, August 11, 2013

Freezer Cooking Based on Brookshires Sales!

One of my goals every Sunday is to try to cook at least one item to put in the freezer. Freezer meals are amazing for weekdays and I have so much more time to spend with my kids before thier bedtime. Today I was a rockstar in the kitchen and was able to prepare 6 bags of chopped onions, 9 egg muffins, 10 breakfast burritos, and 10 chicken and cheese burritos!

I started by putting a pack of chicken tenders in the crockpot before church. (Purchased at the BOGO sale at brookshires)



Season with lemon/pepper, salt and pepper. Add a little bit of water and cook on low.

By the time we ate lunch and rl went down for a nap, it was done!


Now just shred it up!



Most of the time, I freeze the chicken plain and shredded. You can use it for tons of different meals... Chicken spaghetti, bbq chicken, mexican chicken, etc.

Today I made chicken and cheese burritos using the tortillas from the BOGO at brookshires. These are great plain so that you can add anything you are in the mood for like bbq or salsa.

To make things go a little quicker, I go ahead and tear off 10 squares of tin foil



Then i just wrap them up and place them in a bag.



I also made breakfast burritos with eggs, cheese, and sausage. Sometimes I use deer sausage or turkey sausage. This time it was plain ole unhealthy sausage bc......you guessed it. BOGO at brookshires. I used 8 eggs and a pack of sausage for 10 totillas.






Bags of onions were BOGO and I love to cook with onions. I chopped up one bag and stored them in individual bags to use for meals.



Finally, I made egg muffins! I got a dozen eggs free with the purchase of turkey bacon!!

Scramble eggs ( i used 6) and add whatever you like! This time I used salt, pepper, cheese, ham, and onions. In the past, I have also used salsa, spinach, turkey. Basically whatever you want to throw in!



The next step is VERY important. Spray a muffin tin excessively. I am serious. Disregardig the importance of this step will leave you soaking and scrubing for days. Make sure to spray the sides well too.

Fill almost to the rim. Fill higher than the pic below. They turned out kind of thin.



Bake at 350 for about 25 min. Check them. You can tell when they are done.






Flash freeze them and then just pile them in a freezer bag. Now they are ready for a quick breakfast!!

Ill post a couple of deals tomorrow, but there aren't alot out there this week.

I am working on a couple of blogs that I am really excited about. One is a big list of comparable prices at different stores. What items cost at sams, walmart, target, etc. This will help us have more confidence when spotting what we think is a deal.

I am also working on a series that will teach 10 habits to save money for your family. Even if you are naturally frugal, we could all use reminders every once in a while!!


No comments:

Post a Comment