Sunday, August 11, 2013

Updated: Terrible Target

Folks, I come to you heavy hearted still in turmoil over a recent check-out exchange in our local target.  I, of course, was prepared with my items and coupons, all double checked and nicely organized.  All of these coupons were used for the same items last week (I obtained new coupons and I liked the deal so much I wanted to repeat). 

Well, the cashier scanned the coupons one by one.  All of a sudden this foreign statement spilled from her mouth "this one want scan".  Then she repeated several more times.  Okay, so this does not make sense, I know what I am doing and all of these coupons are legit.  (newspapers so there should be no problem with my printer).  She attempted to finalize the interaction by saying "I am not inclined to take these so you should just pay for it and then go to customer service".  No, no, no, I am not paying for the items.  I kindly requested a manager visit us at the register.

First manager.....complete confusion.  He began reading off statements on the coupons as if he had made some type of huge discovery.  "ma'am you can only use 1 per purchase".  "Yes sir, I understand that"  Then he walks off with no other words.

Next manager.....fail.  "Ma'am you can only use one coupon per item on this make up remover".  "Yes ma'am, I am using a target coupon and a manufacturer coupon".  "Oh, well you can only use one".  "No ma'am, according to your coupon policy you can use both". "Oh yeah, well it's not working".  I further asked her about the other coupons that were not "working".  She confirmed that I had the item that matched the coupon, however the register would not scan them and she didn't know why.

The conclusion?  If the register won't take it, they cannot take it.  The manager could not explain the reasons and pointed me to guest relations.

So I called.  They directed me to the coupon policy.  Yes, I know the coupon policy.  They stated that some stores may have their own restrictions.  Oh my!!! However, noone can tell me what these restrictions are???

I am really having a hard time letting this go.  It will change the way I shop.  I most certainly do not want to spend time planning coupons for target if they randomly don't take them???  If there a new policy...fine.  I would just like to know what it is.  Whew, I need to let this go.

Update:  I have spoken with guest relations and several managers at Target who have stated that even without explanation, they will not take a coupon if the register does not scan.  My conclusion is to be weary of the time you spend preparing and shopping at Target.  I am in mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment