Friday, September 20, 2013

Turkey Taco Bowl

Tacos are a staple in most family homes. I never get tired of them as long as they are topped with a hill of cheese. I love a good pile up of multiple toppings, but as long as I have cheese I am happy.

This week's cooking has been on the back burner. My salsa casserole lasted through Wednesday lunch, so that was a tremendous blessing. Without my meal plan, I was a little lost on dinner ideas. I dug through my freezer wednesday morning and found cooked turkey meat labeled "use for tacos". Thank you freezer cooking sunday!!! And thank you self for providing such a detailed label knowing that if I was digging through the freezer, I most likely had no I idea what I was digging for.

Here is what I did with the meat:

Add cooked turkey meat to a skillet and add a package of taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water.

Add 2 tbsp cumin, 1 tbsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp cilantro, 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots, 1/2 cup chopped onions

Cook until warmed and blended together.

I have been wanting to try out the soft taco bowls because they just look so fun!! There was a 75 cent off coupon in the paper last week, so that was my final push.

These cuties only need to be heated in the microwave and they are ready to go.  Just pile up your toppings!!






Lettuce - BOGO from Brookshires. 
Cheese - Kraft block using $1 off 2 from coupons.com

Daniel gave this a TEN.  He typically keeps the "tens" in his back pocket and uses with extreme caution.  I was shocked to receive such a high rating on this simple dish.  He said the turkey meat was awesome and I have to agree.  RL ate every single bite as well!!

This would be so easy and fun for a game day with guest.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment