Friday, September 27, 2013

Girl Time

I spent tonight celebrating a very special friend and her soon to be 2nd daughter Hallie.  I had every intention of taking artisic pictures of the food, decor, and the table full of interesting ladies most of whom I had never met.  However, I forgot.  I am so disappointed!!  I am positive the pictures would never look as good as they did in my head.

Can I tell you how MUCH I enjoyed time with ladies?!?!  I mean REALLY enjoyed the act of socialization.  We talked about kids,  the fact that there is no time to clean, we traded birth stories, complications, and made some past connections!  I'm not great at making friends, but I truly felt comfortable with my end of the table.  It was sooooo needed!

As my sister pointed out recently, God did not intend for us to do this alone.  However, sometimes we just don't have time to live life with anyone else other than our immediate circle of family.  Yes, it takes effort.  Yes, it is sometimes out of comfort zone.  And yes, it matters!!!!

Feeling renewed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment