Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Meal Plan

Here is the plan for the week!!

Sunday - BBQ Shredded Chicken Sandwich with Roasted Bell Peppers

Monday - Leftovers

Tuesday - Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwiches (pending - May have guests that night to serve)

Wednesday - Garlic Shrimp

Thursday - Turkey Burgers (make extra)

Friday - leftovers

I have been obsessed with roasting veggies lately.  I am usually a sautee kind of girl, but I have been loving this new roasting option.  The Cons:  it takes a little while to get them truly done and it makes my kitchen smokey.  The Pros:  You can throw them in the oven and not have to do anything else until their done.  Plus, everything roasted is deliciousness!!

Roasted Bell Peppers:

I picked up Red Bell Peppers from the Brookshires BOGO sale this week.  I typically do not buy Red Peppers because of the price, but I thought I would try them out since they were on sale.  I also recently read a recommendation that roasted red peppers are a good table food option for babies. 

I sliced them up and spread them over a cookie sheet covered with wax paper and drizzled with EVOO.  I chose not to season them at this point since the baby would be eating some.

Cook in the oven set to 425 for 20 minutes.  They could have stayed in longer, but I had a pacing daddy and a clingy two year old that needed to be fed pronto!!

I removed a few peppers for baby R and then seasoned HEAVILY with Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Pepper, Old Bay Season, and Tony's.  Season, taste, and add as needed.

You can season with anything you like.  We prefer a kick in the taste and are NOT fans of bland food.  It took quite a bit of seasoning to give these a good flavor.  However, they were quite yummy in the end.



Baby R was not ready for the pepper.  He had trouble controlling it in his mouth and almost gave me a panic attack!!

The Meal:

Chicken - BOGO Brookshires
Bread - BOGO Brookshires
BBQ Sauce - 25 Cents at Freds (memorial day sale)
Lettuce - BOGO Brookshires
Steamed Green Beans - BOGO Brookshires
Provolone Cheese - Sale at Target using target coupons
Red Bell Peppers - BOGO Brookshires




No comments:

Post a Comment