Monday, January 13, 2014

Meals this Week/Life update

Happy Monday!!!

Before I get to my blog writing today, I wanted to give a quick update of life stuff!  Last night I attended my first Heart to Home group.  This is a small group that pairs young women and experienced (does that sound better than "old") women to offer mentorship and support.  Joining this group has been on my heart for some time, but I have found multiple excuses not to make the commitment.  Let me set this up for you.....I walked into a group of about 15 people that had pre-established relationships and I knew NOONE!! Being from West Monroe, it is hard to not know anyone!! Those of you that know me are in shock right now.  This was totally out of my comfort zone, but I felt that it was God's instructions to follow through with this.  Everyone was super nice and welcoming.  I was quite most of the time and just listened.  This was probably a lesson I needed to learn, too.  Each girl was so different from the other, I liked this.  The lesson of the night focused on personal finances...whew, lets get right down to business!! I admire how transparent each of these girls and moms are with each other.  Transparent IS my comfort zone.  I don't know how to be any other way.  As the night wrapped up it was time to close with a prayer.  Guess who volunteered???......Most of you are NOT guessing me but you are wrong.  Yep....I prayed OUT LOAD in a group of people I have known for about an hour.  God does crazy things sometimes, I tell ya!!

I could talk alot more about my night and what I learned, but I am sure that will come out in blogs to come.  Right now I want to move on to meals this week based on Brookshires sales.

Here the products I am using that I picked up for BOGO.


Here is how it will play out...

Sunday - Turkey Mexican Pizza (I had the pleasure of being served at my Heart to Home group, but I was so excited about my groceries (insert Nerd Alert) I had to go ahead and prepare the meal)

*I cooked both packs of meat and divided out.  Will use one for Sunday's meal and one for later in the week*

I do my best to load all my meats with veggies.  It sneaks it in for the kids AND it gives me more meat (you know what I mean, right?).  I used celery, bell peppers, onions, and carrots (my Sams trip last week)

*Chopped up more veggies than I needed to use later in the week*

Monday - leftovers

Tuesday - "Darn Good Chili".  This is not the kind of chili that sits in the crock pot for hours and you serve on Super Bowl Sunday, but it is a quick week night meal using Bear Creek Soups (which I love).  I already have the meat and veggies, so I just mix it together!

Wednesday - left overs

Thursday - Pork Chops in the crockpot with BBQ sauce.

Friday - Left overs!

I love these kinds of weeks where my meals are all planned out and low stress.  This equals more time with my kids and happier mommy.

Tomorrow you will be bombarded with all things Ruddick!!!! It is his BIRTHDAY and I gave him a fresh hair cut this morning! ADORABLE for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment