Wednesday, January 8, 2014

CVS Breakdown

I want to apologize for yesterdays post.  My heads up on deals was lazy and the results of a 30 second scan of the circulars.  When I took a few minutes today to look over everything, I was surprised to see some great items at great prices!!!



As I prepared for a quick run to CVS a good friend sent me a text....."What are you donig?" she asked as she often does throughout the day.  I told her that I was cutting coupons for a trip to CVS.  Her response.  "I want to know everything".  Now my friend has been a coupon recruit for several months now.  Several.  She seems to have all the potential in the world, but she just doesn't seem to latch on to this couponing lifestyle.  I am not sure what her problem is......I encourage, I educate, she asks for more, but doesn't commit.  I am still trying. I believe that 2014 is her year.  I believe.  If it is not.........then I am done. :)



So, like any good coupon mentor I gave her a step by step that I will now share with you.

Scan the circulars



Cut coupons and place in the approprite file.


Drive to CVS


Always scan your card at the coupon center and check the print outs


Look! With the printed coupon this is free!


I was also surprised to receive my fall spending rewards. At cvs you earn overall points for shopping in the fall and spring and earn extra rewards. These rewards do not affect any of my shopping decisions and it shouldnt yours. Its just a nice surprise.



Special k cereal. Coupon from coupons.com


All mighty pacs


Pediacare


All of the above items are used by my family

Pay with extra bucks earned from previous purchase.


Check out the results. You can see what I spent and then what I got back!!





Yay!!! As my friend said "I bet you're on a high!"

Basically you want to roll your extra bucks so that you have little out of pocket.

So lets say you want to get started now and you do not have the extra bucks to pay for the items.  Without the extra bucks, my total out of pocket would be $14.86 and receive $6 back , so $8.86.  You purchased 6 products which averages to $1.47 each.  This is STILL significant savings compared to Wal-Mart, so it is worth your time to get started now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment