Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Deals This Week

Before I get to the deals, I want to share an update about my missionary friend Misti.  Remember the one we collected school supplies to help out?  I had the opportunity to visit with her this weekend and what an encouraging conversation!!! She is just amazing to speak with and always a reminder to point your eyes toward God at all times.  She mentioned a need that they have is medicines. Apparently to get any kind of medicines (cold/cough/headache/antibiotic) residents must make a 3 hour walk or an expensive bus ride. Can you imagine being sick and then having to walk 3 hours to get some tylenol? No thank you! The health unit often sends people to Misti's house for help (the health unit can tell them that they are sick, but have nothing to offer them). So she basically becomes her own little pharmacy and again giving her life selflessly.  Each opportunity she has to help the people in her community is an opportunity to share God's love.  So as I live my "fancy" American life, I see just another reason to coupon.  Medicines are always cheap or free, so I will most certainly plan to intentionally stock these products with her in mind!!!

Moving on to the deals.  There are only a couple that I noticed that would be worth making a stop.

CVS:

PediaCare Cough and Congestion Multi-System Cold - $5.99 with $5 extra bucks.  Use $1 off from pediacare.com and it is FREE!!

http://pediacare.com/coupon.aspx

Walgreens:

The Special K cereal consumed in buckets in our house is onsale for 2.33 (compared to $3 at Wal-Mart). Combined with coupons from coupons.com, we will be stocking!

I can't wait to share a quick and easy crock pot meal that I recently made!! Perfect for cold nights!!



No comments:

Post a Comment