Monday, January 20, 2014

Target and michaels

I'll start out the week with another Target update.  While the kids were napping on Sunday, I headed out to target to browse the aisles looking for the red sticker.



I was pumped to find 2 things on my needs list that I have been procrastinating purchasing until I found a good sale.






I of course strolled down the clearance toys that is pretty much dead at this point.  If you have not made it out yet they still have the cabbage patch dolls, a couple of dice games, the soaker guns, and some older boy toys.  The Barbie Pink shoe dolls are still at 50 % off.  I expect them to be marked to 70 on Thursday.



There are not a ton of winter baby clothes marked to 70 yet, but I found a couple of pair of pants for RL next year.




I found some other items that would be great at 70% off.  They are still marked at 30 and 50, so we will need to watch (stalk) and see if they make it to 70.













When I was checking out, I intentionally parked behind two krazy coupon ladies checking out.  They were full of energy (newbies) as they watched the total jump down with each scan.  I was re-inspired as they did so well with their purchases and paid little out of pocket.  I was also selfishly curious to see if they would have any problems at the register.  Remember the time I had the horrible experience?  There were no problems and the cashier was super friendly.  I took a mental picture of her in my head and will return to her in the future. :)



After my observation, I wanted to rush home and organize my coupons.  Look for coupons to match the clearance items and prepare for my own good deals.  Unfortunately, RL found my coupon box and then it looked like this....


Not fun.





I stopped by Michaels to pick up some more scrapbook paper for Ruddick's bday party.  The Christmas items were marked to 90%.  There was hardly anything left, but I was able to get a few items for CENTS!



They also had some bins outside the front door labeled "Christmas impulse buys".  All items were 25 cents.  I did a quick scan and found a few items that were not Christmas themed that would be great for other purposes.  I couldn't get any pictures are even look appropriately due to some crazy ladies who were guarded the stash as if their life depended on it.  I am sure I never look that crazy! :)



The rest of the deals will be posted tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment