Monday, February 6, 2012

Smashed Potato

I feel like I have been checking alot of things off my mental list lately which is one of my favorite things to do in life!! (Insert nerd alert here). This weekend I tried out a pinterest recipe that I have been eyeing for a while. I had a bag of small russet potatoes that I got at a Buy One Get One for a Penny sale at Brookshires that I needed to use. I pretty much followed the recipe as stated.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/06/crash-hot-potatoes/




I added some green onions because I had some and Natures Own b/c I use it on everything.
I smashed with the bottom of a glass.........I have never even considered that I would actually need a potato masher? Who really has one of those?



Yum! Yum! Yum! Dont they look wonderful and crisp! I added some cheese when they came out of the oven. I thought they were absolutely delicious. Here are my tips: dont be afraid to season!! They NEED salt, pepper, and olive oil.


Important: They were not so great the next day.


Sooooo....I needed to find a way to incorporate these wonderful and fabulous potatoes into a meal. Shredded chicken is always a great go to for me as is anything I can throw into a crock pot. I covered the chicken breasts with BBQ sauce and placed in crock pot. Poured chicken broth in with about a 1/4 of the top of the chicken showing. And then threw in some chives....b/c I had some!


Layer - pots, chicken, shredded cheese, BBQ suace.

FANTASTIC!!!! I added some bell peppers that I sauteed in butter and worch.


Results:


1) RL only wanted leftover baked beans....lots of them.


2) The H absolutely LOVED it!! He gave it a 9 because he says he doesnt want to over use 10s. His only issue was that he wanted more of the crispy skins from the potatoes. I'm not sure how he wants me to perform that miracle.


3) My review is that it was soooooooooo good!




No comments:

Post a Comment