Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Tilapia!!

I heart this tilapia recipe. I'm not sure where it originated from, but I have been making it for years. It's an easy go to meal when I forget to plan or defrost. You have to be a fan of garlic in order to enjoy this little piece of perfection.



In addition to the tilapia, below are the ingredients. I use a large bag of frozen tilapia from Sams. They are individually wrapped so you can just pull out the amount of filets you want and defrost them in a bowl in the sink. Let them sit in cold water for about 5 minutes.



Not pictured is the minced garlic that I use because I have it. Garlic powder will work as well. Most of the ingredients are not completely necessary. As long as you use the butter and garlic, it should be plenty flavorful. Once the filets are defrosted, place them in a greased casserole dish (spray some pam). I like to do extra filets for leftover lunch. Season the fish. I used Natures Own, Pepper, Thyme, and Toni's. Put about 1/2 a cup of butter in a measuring cup and add minced/powdered garlic and some chives. Melt in the microwave and pour over fish.Broil on high for about 10 minutes. It will be brown on the side and tender and white when cut with a fork. Make some extra butter sauce and pour over fish. Add some shredded parmesan cheese if you have some. I served with angel hair pasta this time, but rice is also a good option.
Perfection I tell ya! It was easily completed within my 30 minute timeframe (including defrosting) and could have been done in 20.........except for my little cooking assistance that rides in my back pocket slows me down a bit.

Straight precious.

Results:

1) RL is making progress with her dinner strike. I tried out some mac and cheese before D and I ever sat down for dinner. Fail. Once again...only food from mom and dad's plates. She alternates perfectly to make everything fair. When her head is turned toward her father, I try to gulp down as much as I can before she returns. Mama has gotta eat! At one point she forgot about her strike and ate a piece of fish off her highchair!! Of course mom and dad clapped loudly to encourage this behavior.....when we clap she responds with JAZZ HANDS
!!

Next, she insisted on using a big girl fork. She ate some Mac N Cheese with the big girl fork!!!! My child is a cordination GENIUS! I'm pretty sure that is the ONE trait she inherited from me. FINALLY something emerges.
Everybody together..........JAZZ HANDS!
2) D loved it (there isnt much he doesn't love) Human garbage disposal. He rated it close to a 9 because it didn't provide any surprises, but he hopes it will continue to be a staple.



3) I give it an 8. ONLY because I typically sautee squash which enhances the goodness of the perfection.

An additional note today: I once saw a quote on pinterest (obsessed much?) that stated



"Cleaning while the kids are home is like shoveling snow when it is snowing".


Exhibit A - my kitchen floor once dinner is done - Apparently she was cooking naked. :)












































No comments:

Post a Comment