Monday, February 6, 2012

Weekend DIY

I HEART pinterest and I love what it has inspired me to do, to make, to think, to read, to embrace and to share. I am not sure if this is an unhealthy obsession or just my 30 something brain embracing the new age ways of the world. Whatever it is.......healthy or not.....wasteful or not........I love it!!!!

"I Love You Because" is all over pinterest and I wanted to make one for RL's room. I bought a picture frame at Goodwill for $.99. I got the scrapbook paper and the glitter letters (with a 40% coupon) from Michaels. I was super happy with the turnout and all for under $5!! I am not great (or good even) at taking pictures....so the flash is terrible!!




Michaels had alot of awesome scrapbook paper that I wanted to find a way to use. Scrapbooking is against my beliefs (no reason....just is) so this is how I used it.



I cut big hearts and little hearts and taped them together. I cut a hole in the top of the heart and threaded some twine through it and hung it up!! Super easy and super cheap. I think it looks so fun in her room! I cant take credit for the idea.......it originated from my super crafty friend Brandy. So thanks friend!

The "I Love You Because" looked so good in her room, I wanted a little more. So...the below was created. $1 frame from Michaels painted pink, taped the scrapbook paper on the frame and stick on the letters. Love it!


And a final note..........is anyone (of my four followers :) )watching the bachelor? Total disgust.

No comments:

Post a Comment