Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chicken Burgers!

Okay...so I have never made chicken burgers before so this will be a total trial and error attempt. A while back I noticed this pack of ground chicken at Brookshires and decided to see what I could do with it. It has been in my freezer for a while and I finally decided to let it step out into the great world and shine. Well lets hope.

I cannot provide a picture of the ingredients because I honestly had no idea what I was going to use. As always, I started rummaging around to see what I could put together for the benefit of the ground chicken debut into the Emory household.

I used the following:

2/3 package of Fiesta Ranch dip mix (hidden valley)
Tablespoon of Sour Cream
Tablespoon of Salsa
1/4 of a White Onion Chopped
Handful of Chives
Natures Own
Pepper

I mixed together in a bowl with the meat. At this point only use 1/2 of the Fiesta Ranch seasoning.
Next, I formed them into patties. I sprayed cooking spray in my skillet and turned it on Med heat.


It took about 10 minutes total and a couple of flips in between. I also added some of the Fiesta Ranch seasoning packet on each side.




In the mean time, I smashed my left over potatoes from Sunday to serve with the burgers. They were only able to hibernate in the oven for about 10 minutes so they were not nearly as good, but we will live with it. I also served some kidney beans. I put my hamburger buns on the cookie sheet with the pots and melted some cheese. It only takes around a minute since the oven is so hot with the pots.


Dinner is served in 30 minutes!! I could have done it quicker if I wasnt fumbling around trying to figure out what to use......so next time I can wreck shop with this!!






Insert cute child at this point.......




Yes...I know. Her hair is Ah-mazing. So much body. Like a tornado.

Results:




1) RL is currently in the middle of a dinner strike. She will only consume bites that come from mom or dads plate. She liked the potatoes which is wierd b/c she also hates pots. She liked the chicken, but didnt get much.....it was good.....call us selfish parents. :)

2) D loooooooooooooooved it. Rated it a 9.99!! He requested chicken meat from now on (I'm not sure that is going to happen). He loved the flavor and the health option it provided.




3) Ditto.




I have additional information to post in todays entry. Sooooo.....about a week and a half ago I decided to attempt a notion on pinterest that green onions will grow back if placed in water. My husband evicted the project from the house and they were cast off to a garage window. You will never believe.........Its true!!


Is that not crazy!! Now granted, green onions are not expensive right now (I think I just saw them in a circular for 79 cents)...but how cool is that. Mama likes anything for free!









No comments:

Post a Comment