Wednesday, February 1, 2012

PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT

A random note on personal development - asking God to shut my mouth!!

Inspired by a nameless lady that we will call Ruth........

Soooooooo........I talk ALOT......mainly about things I'm excited about or things that I am passionate about - but note to self - not everyone cares to hear that "I made it home in 14 minutes instead of 15" or "there is a rocking new sale that makes toiletries 3 cents cheaper than Wal-mart" or even that "I racked up 25 dollars worth of items for free on my lunch break" (although I'm not sure why anyone would NOT want to hear about that). The point is - sometimes I just need to check myself before I start spouting off my numbered list of information that I am soooo sure that everyone NEEDS to hear. God, I ask, shut my mouth!!

On the flipside - sharing things you are excited about is a part of relationship development. For example, my ability to over talk can certainly help you quickly decide if you are interested in pursing a friendship with me. See? I'm just trying to help YOU out!

So maybe I should ask God for balance?
I'm going to test it out in the next few days to see what I learn - I am challenging myself to be quite. Crap.......this is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment