Monday, February 27, 2012

CHICKEN TACOS!!

Well hello my 7 followers.  It's Monday night which means D plays Vball and mama and RL have a girls night drinking smoothies and watching trash TV..ie..the bachelor.  Before you judge, I did provide RL with a well rounded complete meal, not just the smoothie.  Smoothies are one of her favorites though....we like to sit on the floor and practice with the spoon going in the bowl and then into her mouth.  Practicing this on the floor helps control the spoon slinging the smoothie across the room.  I learned from experience.

So lets catch up and discuss the lucky dinner that D so generously awarded the big TEN.  The variations are endless. I chose based on what I had available (and what I needed to use up).

 Frozen chicken in the crockpot with chicken broth.  I did high for 6 hours since they were frozen.  It only takes 4 if they are defrosted.
 Shred with a fork.  It should be super easy.
 Sautee some pepper and onions.  I used "I cant believe its not butter" (there is $1.25 coupon on coupons.com fyi) and Natures Own (obsessed much?)
 Add shredded chicken and black beans.  RL really likes beans so I try to add them in when I can.  My intention was to season with taco seasoning, but I didn't have any so I used Fajita seasoning and added a little water so that it would coat all of the chicken and give it a little sauce.  I also added a tablespoon of cumin.
 I then remembered that I had some velveeta cheese that I needed to use, so rotel sounded GREAT!!
 Just throw in the microwave and keep adding time until it is melted.  It took mine about 7 minutes.

Add some shredded cheese, because you simply can NEVER have enough.
 Now here is when it really gets tricky.  :) When we REALLY want to indulge ourselves, I make double tacos.  Soft taco....rotel......crunchy taco.  How can this NOT be unbelievable.  Really....how can it not?
Thats it!!! Make it your own and you will love it!  Totally a weeknight meal and can be cooked on low for as long as you are at work!

Results

1) D gives it a 10!! He wanted to make sure it was noted that 10s are not given lightly.  It is a serious achievement. There were no suggestions.

2) RL gives the chicken, tortilla, and black beans a 10.

3) It was soooo good.  I think I needed a little bit more of the fajita or taco seasoning.  I also think it would be great to make a double batch and freeze!!

Need a cute kid fix? RL is rockin an ear infection right now so today is not the day for her, but this weekend she got to visit her cousin!!

So much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment