Tuesday, February 21, 2012

BASIL PORK CHOPS!!

Okay...so I decided I will backtrack on some recipes at a later date.  Now, I just want to move forward.  Moving forward equals some FANTASTIC pork chops!  I found this recipe a while ago from allrecipes.com,  maybe? I am not a huge pork fan, but I absolutely adore this version of chops. 

Here are the ingredients:

I really tried hard to arrange things nicely.  I moved things around several times.  I still failed.

Pork chops (the thinner the better in my opinion)
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 shakes of garlic powder
6 shakes of salt/natures own
3 tablespoons basil
3 tablespoons chili powder
EVOO (extra virgin olive oil or whaterver you have)

Mix all the dry ingredients in a dish and then coat with a couple of pours of your EVOO.  This allows the seasons to stick to the meat.
  
 Once I coat them and place them on the plate, I will add a couple of shakes of chili powder and a couple of shakes of basil.  I really get excited at this point.  I canNOT tell you how much I love these pork chops.  Remember....I dont even like pork!!

Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side. They are also fantastic grilled, which was the original intention, however, the grill randomly has a hole in the bottom?  I don't know how it got there? Is that normal? I must look into this. Carrying on, either grilled or on a skillet it doesnt take long at all. (especially if they are thin)

I also wanted some grilled zuchinni.  Have you ever tried it? Soooo good!  Marinate in Italian dressing and season with salt/Natures Own.  Let sit as long as you can.

Since our grill took the night off I had to put the zuchinni in a skillet.  Never attempted this before, but it worked.  Not as good as the grill, but it works.  Place each piece in the skillet and pour in a little extra dressing.  Med heat for about 10 minutes. 
 Serve pork chops over rice, shredded parm over the zuchinni, steam some baby carrots and sprinkle a little brown sugar. 

Dinner is served....

RESULTS:

1) RL says the dinner strike is OVER! She ate everything off her high chair and then some more from mom and dads plates.  She is getting spectacular at using a big person fork, have a mentioned she is GENIUS!!

2) D gave it "right around a 9".  It has been a staple for a while.  Side note - He actually awarded a TEN this weekend.  Can't wait to post!

3) For me it is a ten for EVA!

This is super easy to accomplish within 30 minutes....20 really.  As mama was cooking it up, RL was getting her nails did.....


On to the next day....

No comments:

Post a Comment