Saturday, August 2, 2014

Wearing Hats

As adults we are forced to wear many different hats and play many different roles.  When you are an adult who is also a wife and then also a mom, you have garage full of hats.  Yes, a garage, they won't even fit into a walk in closet!!!



I am terrible at this.  I like to try to fit multiple hats on my head at one time with the result typically being that one quickly falls to the ground and the ones left balancing are looking a hot mess.......crooked, bent, off centered, and misplaced.  I find myself daydreaming about a life where I wear one perfectly measured hat that is securely placed on my head like all those other moms who run around in gym clothes and full makeup looking like that have it all figured out.



But you know what........this is my life.  Although extremely difficult to manage at times it also could be described as  a beautiful disaster.  For example........just yesterday I displayed my amazing mom skills by catching my daughters foot on a door.  There were screams and lots of blood to further prove my point of my awesomeness (clearly sarcastic).  This is what I would call a disaster........however beautiful bc I am the mom of that screaming little 3 year old!  Just in case you need a visual........let me enter into evidence....





A church service gave us a resolution about a year ago to challenge ourselves as we live our lives as moms, dads, husbands, and wives.  My resolution is framed and sits on my bathroom counter as a reminder. Some days I read it, some days I don't.  I'm now challenging myself to take each line and commit myself to the words.  I need to reboot my mind set, so that my many hats will fit more comfortably on my off balanced head.





Challenge #1 - "I DO solemnly resolve before God to embrace my current season of life and live with a spirit of contentment"



Does that sound challenging? It does to me........commit to live with contentment.  Not wishing for other lifestyles, different circumstances, kids that remain calm at all times :)  Embrace that this season that I currently reside is fleeting, so just be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment