Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Monday Ickiness

Do you ever have days where you just feel icky?

There is really nothing that can explain it, no reason that jumps out, just a feeling of ickiness.  How do you even spell ickiness? Is it ickyness? Is it even a word, probably not.

Let me try and describe what I mean.  There are times that everything around you seems invalidated.  People seem to challenge your beliefs, say the wrong things at the wrong times ("wrong" because it is not what you wanted to hear), friendships appear to be fleeting, commitments seem less important, potential turns into "who cares", investments are pointless, your gaining weight while trying to loose, your brain is powered on 50% (generously), motivation is buried, people just aren't "getting it", and everything is just Icky!! Make sense?  Sound familiar to anyone?  Bueller? Bueller?

I am not sure where this mood originated.  My weekend was great with plenty of time with friends and family.  Then BOOM Monday morning..........Icky.

Let us rewind and focus on a few good times of the weekend.......

Friday - Landon and I went to the Miss LA pageant Prelims.  I loved loved loved getting to spend mommy daughter time with RL.  We dressed up, wore lots of makeup, and pranced on the scene pretending we were balancing diamond studded crowns.  We had so much fun and RL wanted to be on stage (with me by her side).







Saturday - My kids slept all day.  Someone was asleep at all times so I was able to focus some one on one time with RL and R and get alot of stuff done around the house.


Saturday night was my FIRST babysitter experience and a night out getting to know a friend.  Oh and ummmm......RL gave up her PACI!!! What! What!! Yep.......while the babysitter was there she decided the paci was "nasty" and didn't want it.  The next day she said "I like it sometimes, like right now I want it".  I was able to swoop in with a replacement prize and so far so good.  I am so glad I didn't push the battle because of her age.  She knew when she was ready.  I can promise you that she didn't receive any harm from keeping that paci  until 3 1/2 vs taking it away at 3 to the date.





Sunday afternoon we met Tinkerbell.  She was a little bit taller than I had expected.  Maybe size changes when you leave Neverland?







So............here is to making it out of Monday and in to Tuesday with a little bit more positive focus.  Pray for me as I try to sort through what I need to let go of, where my expectations need to change, and what I am not willinging to give up.   Pray that what I am not willinging to change is fueled by God's plan and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment