Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Stuffed Jalapenos

I have been blessed lately with co-workers and friends who have shared the benefits of their gardens with me.  I want a garden SOOOOO bad, but I kill things. Like kill them to a rotting state. I hate to water, I don't understand the hours of the sun, random critters weird me out and so on and so on.  But yet, I REALLY REALLY want a garden.  D says that I can try one next year. Once I pull the trigger I have to focus on success and erase my expectations of failure.  Right now, I'm not ready.  I kill things.

I received a ton of jalapenos from a co-worker that I wanted to use up in a creative way.  Of course, I thought of cream cheese, bacon, and a grill.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any cream cheese or bacon so that was out.  However, I had shredded BBQ (I had made in the crockpot the day before), mushrooms, and parmesan cheese.  I could totally make something from this!!!

I cleaned out the jalapenos and placed in a dish with the oven on 425.  I roasted for about 10 minutes.




While the peppers were roasting, I sautéed the mushrooms.


Next, I stuffed with the chicken, added the mushrooms, and topped with the cheese.  Place back in the oven until the cheese is melted.









Everyone gave it a 10!!!! It was awesome and pretty healthy!! Plus low carb!!! Except for the BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment