Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Stalking Target

I have not posted any deals this week because it is a bummer week.  I didn't see anything significant enough to warrant the time, therefore, we take a break this week!!!

I have instead spent my time stalking target.  At some point (hopefully soon), the summer items will start going on clearance.  You can watch those price tags drop from 30 to 50 to 70 to 90 percent off (mark downs usually made on thurs) ! Typically toys are included!!! Many targets across the nation have already dropped to 90 percent as their summer winds down.  Here in Louisiana, we are just getting started with summer.

I mistakenly processed information incorrectly when I saw a recent blog post stating that the clearance deals were happening NOW!!! I immediately felt panicked that I wasn't prepared and I had missed the "get there first" window.  Panic people.......true panic!!  It was a Sunday afternoon and my children had been in bed for an afternoon nap for about 30 minutes.  Daniel was off  kicking it with his buds and I had the house to myself.  A quite house with endless possibilities.  Then I saw it......."90% summer clearance at Target".  I saw pictures of other's grand deals and my heart starting pounding.  What do I do???? Daniel will be home in a couple of hours, I can go then.  Oh no this was not good enough, I.MUST.GO.NOW.

"Good morning, my little children, it is time to get up and get into the car.  GO! GO NOW!! No time for shoes, wipe those sleepy eyes, we must get out in the 100 degree weather and score some deals!!"

I followed the speed limit to the best of my ability to get to that red bullseye, threw my kids in the cart and rushed to the back of the store, stalking buggies to see if they were wiping the shelves.  And then it happened..........there was NO sale.  No red stickers on anything.  What the heck just happened here?!?!?

As you can probably predict, the children did NOT return to their previously scheduled nap and punished me the rest of the afternoon with whines and irritability that served as a reminder of my lack of patience in life.  Would I do it again? If I am being honest....probably so.

Soooooo.........we are still stalking and waiting on the sale.  PLEASE make all of this worth it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment