Thursday, April 17, 2014

Easter Lunch - Budget Style

I am very traditional when it comes to my Easter Lunch.  Growing up, my family spent Easter service and lunch at my grandmothers house and we had the same meal each year.  There was a Christmas meal, Easter meal, New Years meal, etc.  There were similarities and differences to each.  Because my husband and kids are such big eaters, I have had to add a few items so that they are fully satisfied.

Here is my meal list:

Ham (Family bringing)
Salad (Family bringing)
Mashed Potatoes (topped with cheese)
Bean Bundles
Deviled Eggs (new)
Roasted Carrots (new)
Frozen Fruit Salad
Strawberry Shortcake

Here is list of a few things that I have been able to lower the cost by watching sales and thinking ahead:

Carrots - BOGO at Brookshires last week
Bean Bundles - Bacon BOGO at Brookshires last week - Beans Great Value
Mashed Potatoes - I have been collecting these small packs on sale and they are soooo delicious
Cheese - Sams
Eggs - 99cents at Walgreens this week
Strawberries - on sale at Brookshires for 2/$4 THIS week



I pull out the china and crystal for Easter Lunch because we are just so fancy like that.   Happy Easter Weekend! THE TOMB IS EMPTY! HE HAS RISEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment