Friday, April 25, 2014

Skin Care

Yes. I know this is a really random blog topic for me, but to be honest there hasnt been a lot of cooking are interesting things happening in my house lately!!

April and May are once again slam packed months. I realize that I put alot on myself, but it is all currently working and benefiting my family. That is how I feel today anyway.

Lets talk skin care. What does this mean? I have never been concerned with skin care, but then I got old. I did not like the face in the mirror. It looked tired, run down, and just yucky. This is the way I FEEL, its not suppose to be the way I LOOK!

First, I changed my makeup. That worked for a while, but then my yuck face came back. As I brainstormed with friends about how I can disguise the way that I feel and look like a young refreshed I have it all together mom, the question came up. What do you use to take care of your skin??

Huh? Ummmmm.....well, in the morning I wash my face with water before putting my new make up on (in the car....super safe, I know).  Then the accusations start flying...."you don't even wash your make up off before you go to bed!!!"  No people, that may push my bedtime to after 9 and ain't nobody got time for that.

I have now come to accept the fact that as I age I have to do things a little differently.  Take care of things that use to shine on their own, hide things that have never existed before, and remind myself that I am in my mid thirties and TIRED but nobody has to know.

Sooo...this is my new formula for operation disguise yuck face.  Awake facial cleanser by Younique (shameless plug).  I ordered this after reading rave reviews and I must say that it makes me happy.  I actually look forward to washing my face (at night).  It feels great and refreshing.  I highly recommend.



Next, night cream.  Now I am really accepting my age.  This is sold at Target and recommended by one of the blogs that I read "mix match mama".  I am happy with it so far.

Moisturizer before makeup.  Simple drugstore bottle.  Apparently this is key according to my friends.  Who knew?

I will say that I have seen a true difference in my previous yuck face.  I feel much better about it and look forward to staying consistent with my regimen.  Now, if I can only find a magic formula for these deep set dark circles underneath my eyes I may be ready for Hollywood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment