Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Target and Hobby Lobby Sale Details - LONG

Today I will break down some items you may want to considering purchasing during this after Christmas sale season.  I know some of you may say things like "I don't need anything", "I can't buy ahead", "I'm over Christmas and I am ready to move on", but I want to encourage you to reconsider.  You do not have to go overboard like me (a sickness remember?), but you could instead make some smart decisions to save for your family.

My breakdown will address items that were still in stock as of yesterday.  As you are taking down your decorations and hopefully neatly packing it back up, take some time to do some inventory.

Check your Christmas bags, tissue paper, wrapping paper, holiday plates/napkins (if used), cupcake papers (if used), ribbon, bows, ornaments, lights, and general decorations.

Christmas Bags - Do you have a variation of sizes? You should have a minimum of 2 bags per size.  If you a hoarder like me, 2 per size is laughable.  Side note:  I just organized my bags.........isn't it pretty.  I swear, I could stare at it for hours.



Your goal is NOT to purchase bags next year at full price.  Bags are ridiculously expensive and adds additional cost to a probably already expensive gift.  Save the money buy bags in advance.

If you are lucky enough to find any bags left at your Target dollar spot you can score these large thick bags for just 30 CENTS!! You heard me right.


If you missed them at the dollar spot then stock up at either Target Christmas or Hobby Lobby.  Prices are pretty equal and both stores had plenty in stock.

***Here is an important message - Make sure to pick up bags that are not Christmas related, so that you get them at rock bottom prices for all occasions.  Hobby Lobby has zebra and leopard***. 80 percent off!!


Wrapping Paper - Check your inventory, what do you need? I like to have presents under the tree that are wrapped in variation.  One print/pattern per season will just not work for me.  I was low this year and my inventory is down to one Christmas roll!!!  Eek.

Target and Hobby Lobby both have a significant amount of paper left.  Hobby Lobby is down to just a few patterns available (mainly red/white and black/white).  Target has a ton.  Target will be your lower price (around 70 cents to 1.20) with Hobby Lobby being a little nicer (1.60).


Again, look for patterns that can go year round not just Christmas. You should NEVER need to run to the store to buy paper to wrap a birthday present........NEVER.

Tissue Paper - Of course buy white paper, obviously, but also buy all colors (if your supply is low).  Red and green don't have to be Christmas if not together.  Target had gold and silver that are great for baby showers and weddings!! Tissue paper can always be used for crafts with kids!

Holiday plates/napkins - Do you entertain at all during the holidays?  I don't mean host the entire family for Christmas day dinner, but do you catch up with old friends, host a playdate, does ANYONE come to your house during the holidays?? If the answer is yes......you need Christmas plates and napkins.  I promise it will make your visit just a little more merry and bright by offering some leftovers on a Christmas plate paired with a matching napkin.  No matter how crazy you feel inside.........it will give your guest the impression that you have it all together.  Don't we just need that some times?  Hobby Lobby had a much bigger selection.

Plus check out these super cute Jesus napkins!  LOVE THIS!


Cupcake Papers - My rule is that patterned cupcake paper things should not be more than 1 cent per cup.  Hobby Lobby has several choices for 50 for just 40 cents.  You need it.  Bake some cupcakes, serve on Christmas plates with matching napkins and you are a hostess with the mostess for sure in my book.

Are you feeling more educated yet? Ready to shop? Lets keep going.

General Decor - If you still have your decorations up (which you should......its not New Years yet), scan your house and look at the placement of all of your decorations.  Anything missing? Do you already have too much? Do you like everything you have?  Before heading to my first trip to Hobby Lobby I asked my husband if there is anything he can think of that we need for next Christmas (he actually participates in decisions like these).  We looked around and decided that we liked everything that we had and there was no other place to sit anything.  I knew that I wasn't looking for decor unless I found the following:  the perfect navitity scene for the perfect price, a new nutcracker (we get one every year), or something to put over my center cabinets.


See empty.

Struck out on the navity scene, but I found this nutcracker for $6 at Target!


I also found these letters originally $30 and got them for $9. I could not believe there was still one set left!!!


Lights - Everyone is looking for lights, so you have to get there when the doors open for the best selection.  Both stores have lights left, but only non-traditional colors.  If that is what you are looking for then you could score!! I picked up some pink and purple lights for RL next year for 70 percent off at Target!

Okay.....if you have stayed with me this far into the blog, here are a few additional tips for your Target shopping.  Plan to spend a little extra time in the store to walk through the aisles.  Sometimes Christmas items are on the aisles of the categories (electronics, makeup, etc).  Look for red/green or gold packaging and scan the item.  You could be surprised by 70 percent off!!!

Dont forget that items labeled with a black triangle at the dollar spot are just 30 cents. Think ahead for future activities, bday party favors, or restock your prize box.












Now, a final plug for michales. They were pretty cleared out, but you may be able to find a few things left at 80% off. Here are a few things I found.

Look at these adorable ornaments for $1!! They look great on your tree or for a gift!








Both of my kids have the same initials. I got these adorable letters for 59 cents



And who doesmt love sticker books!!



Good luck out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment