Friday, November 22, 2013

Shrimp Fajitas

I must pause the regularly scheduled favorite things friday in which I planned to talk black friday sales.

Today I must bring you this.



This is your must make shrimp fajitas.

First you need this....



This is a new product that ran a promotion a few weeks ago. I was able to pick up two of these for 99 cents each. I believe they are typiclly $3. Still an excellent deal for what you get.

I planned on making shrimp over rice, but I was craving something new. Let the creativity began.

Using a pound of uncooked shrimp, sautee in 1/2 of the season sauce. Stir until pink.

In a seperate bowl boil rice. The recipe calls to add uncooked rice into the one skillet. I chose to do it seperate because I do not trust rice and I did not want my shrimp to over cook.

Cut up available veggies. I used green bell peppers and celery.

Add veggies and remaining sauce to the skillet. Cook until veggies are desire tenderness (if you prefer super soft veggies, you may want to add first so that you dont over cook shrimp).



Mix in cooked rice.



Heat soft tortillas in the oven.

Finalize skillet with salsa and cheese.



Daniel gave it a TEN. Rl said it was "dishes". Or delicious. :)

Total time was 30 minutes which INCLUDES defrosting shrimp and a toddler assistant who insists on helping with EVERYTHING. I highly recommend.




No comments:

Post a Comment