Wednesday, April 11, 2012

PORK TIPS

Okay...I know that I am way way behind on posting.  I am actually way behind in life. The name of the new game of life is survival and possibly check at least two things off of my to do list a day.  Sometimes I succeed sometimes I go down in flames.
I have stayed on track with my directive play activities with RL.  They have gotten less ambitious, but she doesnt seem to mind.

My pinterest challenge has failed.  We will try to pick that up again another day.

On to the food.

I picked up this pork stew meat because it had a yellow sticker on it!  I had never used it or had any plans for it other than I could not pass up a "good deal".

 I decided to make it like a beef tips kind of meal.  I cooked it in a skillet and seasoned with Natures Own, Pepper, Toni's, and Worch.  You will have to figure out that last season, I have no idea how to spell it and I do not feel like getting up to find out. :)
 I added some chopped onions and bell peppers.
 I served over potatoes because I  needed to use them, but would be great over rice as well.  I added gravy from a little packet and ketchup.  I also had a can of tomatoes and okra that worked well.

Results:

1) D actually gave this a 9!  I thought it would be just a simple and easy,  but nothing spectacular meal.  He thought it was amazing!! I guess it's the whole meat and potatoes man thing.

2) She actually really liked the pork!

3) I thought it was great!  I am not a huge pork fan, but this meat was extremely tender and not at all like regular stew meat.  For the quick and easy factor, I am going to give it a 9 as well!

What is RL up to, you ask?  Just chillin like a big girl at her picnic table!
Harper, of course, is right beside her waiting on some mishandling of the snacks so that he can quickly clean it up for us.  He is such a big boy helper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment