Thursday, April 26, 2012

RANCH PORK ROAST!

Let me first start off by saying that I have really enjoyed my time in the kitchen this week.  I enjoy cooking for the most part and it typically makes me happy.  However, I don't always enjoy the expectation of serving dinner.  A work day never really ends at 5:00. That time of the day simply equals the transformation over to my new job as a chef, waitress, servant, and maid.

Since the announcement of my new household guest, Summer Weight Daniel, I have stuck to my pledge of only preparing and serving dinner to myself and RL.  It has been GREAT!!  Thanks to leftovers and the Sunday crockpot, my time in the kitchen has been quick and to the point.  I have been able to spend time with RL outside as she insists on rolling an oversized exercise ball up and down the street. 

I don't know if I will ever go back.  It is a true vacation.  In all reality, it does inspire me to check into the concept of Once a Month cooking.  Complete meals already prepared on a weekday?? Worth exploring....

On to the food - this is simple and was actually really good.

Place a pork roast in the crockpot.  If you shop the brookshire sales, you should definately have one hanging out in your freezer.  Pour in liquid (I use chicken broth) until it reaches the roast about midway.  Cover the roast with a package of ranch seasoning (the kind you use to make dip).  Cook on low for 8 hours.

I added some baby carrots!

It can also be transformed into a sandwich.  I needed to use a bell pepper so I sauteed it with some onions and zuchinni.  I used butter and Italian dressing.



This roast was a great and easy decision to carry me through the week.  This will be repeated quite often in the Emory household.  I feel as though I may become addicted to easy.  There could be worse things in life :)

RL CHECK IN!!

We gave her the diaper derby box to practice pulling things around the house.  She decided to pull it with her mouth?  She is currently obsessed with carrying things in her mouth....golf balls, sippy cup, shoes...anything that will fit.

And a bonus.....

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your blog. I thought I had already commented earlier, but couldn't find it. Apologies if this is a repeat. I'd never thought about using the ranch seasoning on the pork- sounds delicious. Also, had to giggle about Summer Daniel!!! You are so funny Julie!!!

    ReplyDelete