Thursday, September 4, 2014

Weekend Wrap

Labor Day weekend comes to a close and it is September!!!!! Every weekend will be full of football, pumpkins will be appearing soon, and I will patiently wait for the day I can walk outside in a sweatshirt.  Oh my happy happy place.



This weekend we hosted company and had a wonderful time!  Ricky and his daughters Brooklyn (10) and Lauren (7) stayed with us for a couple of days.  Mom had commitments so she couldn't make it so I promised to take good care of her girls.  The boys escaped a few times to hang out and watch football with friends and that left me with 4 kids.  I made the ignorant mistake of visiting the mall with the 4 kids in tow.  I am not cut out for that.  I was a nervous wreck walking through the parking lot (there are not enough eyes on my head), it was raining and the baby was getting soaked, the youngest ones had meltdowns, everyone had to visit the bathroom (and it was gross), the stroller would not fit into the stores that the older kids wanted to go in, and then of course the baby throws and monumental fit and throws his shoes a record breaking length into the crowd of mall visitors.



Needless to say, we did not stay long and I needed days to recover.  My ability to keep up with all the happenings furthers my theory that I am not as healthy as I should be.  Shouldnt I have a little more energy??



All in all, I LOVE this family and spending time with them makes my heart smile!!!




























No comments:

Post a Comment