Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Deals This Week and Monthly Budget Wrap Up

Well, the title is a bit misleading. There are no good deals to report this week.

There are some options if you are specifically looking for items like shampoo and crest mouthwash (coupon 9/29) from walgreens or robitussin (coupon 9/29) from cvs, but other than that.....nothing.

It has been a bit dull lately in the coupon world. I expect to have an explosion soon. For now, I will enjoy the break from extreme couponing and just coupon for general items needed.

I made a big trip to walmart this weekend.  I usually only have to go to walmart once every 6 weeks or so to load up on things that I can't find on sale.  It was time for a humidifier filter, vitamins, kids tylenol, and that kind of stuff.  I also LOADED.UP. on baking goods.  It is time for holiday baking!!!!  Coupon or not, I will always buy pumpkin!! Thank goodness I never have to buy tolietries or else I would really be bitter.  This should take care of our major needs for the month.  A few things are needed at Sams, but other than that we will just pick up a few things throughout the month and hopefully stay within budget.

I promised I would share my monthly grocery spending at the end of the month.  Honestly, I have been a little lax lately and have not been super strict with the spending.  Compared to a typical family grocery bill, I am still happy with my results.  Remember that I also had a family of 4 visit for a weekend!! I do not include any diapers or formula in my total.

CVS - 1.72

Rite Aid - 21.00, 5.00, 2.50 - Cereal, k-cups, shaving cream, Halloween candy

Brookshires - 68 - Loaded up on Meat

Walmart - 100 - Lots of veggies and snacks for entertaining.

Walgreens - $2.18 - 2 Boxes of Kashi cereal

Walmart - $17 - Milk and veggies

Target - $30 - Cereal sale, fruit snacks, shampoo sale

Total for the month of September - $264.90

Before I started couponing and looking for sales, my monthly grocery ranged between 400-500, so I am saving significant dollars every month!!!

**I did not have to buy any diapers this month due to previous sales**

No comments:

Post a Comment