Wednesday, June 26, 2013

MEALS AND DEALS

Well........todays blog shall include a "what not to do" segment. After dance lessons, dinners, baths, and putting the kids to bed, it was time to open the kitchen to prepare a work lunch for the next day (taco meat for 13 hungry academic advisors) and dinner for myself. I never eat this late, but I dreamed up the idea of taco chicken burgers and at that point it was the only acceptable option.

First the taco meat. I absolutely could not spend the money on enough meat for 13 advisors when I had plenty of deer meat in the freezer. I completely respect that not everyone is comfortable eating deer meat, so I planned to cook both. There is a considerable difference in the amount of grease in each skillet. Can you see the difference in the deer meat vs regular?
**Warning - this may be disturbing to some viewers**


So as the meat was cooking, I started working on the delicous chicken burgers I was craving. I added the meat, an egg, salsa, garlic powder, taco seasoning, and chives.



I patiently waited for an available spot on the stove while my mouth watered in anticipation.

8:45 and time to eat!!! Or not..........
This is what happened to my genious of an idea taco chicken burger :(

Because of the salsa it all looked pink to me and I could not tell if it were done or not. I took a few bites off the top that were amazing, but I had to trash the rest. I just could not take the chance of undercooked chicken. It was a really sad moment for me. I went to bed unfed. I am still upset about it and I will probably not buy ground chicken again unless someone provides me with a fool proof recipe or a high value coupon.

Moving on...tuesday is my favorite day to check the mail. Why you ask?? The Brookshires circular of course. Here are the deals to catch this week. Remember that in order to maximize your savings with coupons, you must plan your week and meals around the sales and coupons available.

These are cheaper during the BOGO sale, but if you must have them this week make sure to load the coupon from their website.






Its sideways - sorry!!! Grapes and Corn!

 

Yay for turkey meat!! Save even more with a Ibotta offer.  Coupon from coupons.com.  You can print 2 per computer.

Coupon from coupons.com





Coupon from coupons.com.  BBQ sauce is also on sale at Freds if you want an even better deal!

Meal ideas...bbq turkey loaf or turkey and rice tacos!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment