Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DREAMING OF BLOGGING

I have been anxiously waiting to re-enter the blogging world once again.  I am constantly taking pictures of meals and deals and writing a blog in my head for my pretend readers who attentively listen.  Meeting the needs of two kids is no joke not to mention the responsibilities of an employee times 2, a wife, a friend, etc...Etc.  But I also want to do something for self every once in a while.  My hobbies are different than most and like I have stated before.......my how times have changed.  It has taken me about a year and a half to really capture the skill of couponing.  Yes, it is a skill that not all that tries will succeed.  I have taught many who have failed and only a few that continue on the daily journey of saving. Actually, only one that I can think of off the top of my head. 

So after being asked to teach an informal couponing class recently, I started to really focus on why people turn away from couponing.  It's too time consuming, it's too overwhelming; you have to spend money to save money, and several other true statements.  Yes all of the above are true, but it is also something that can be controlled.  I have made many mistakes and learned along the way and I believe I have finally made this couponing lifestyle work for my family.  I needed to stop focusing on trying to learn everything all at once.  I had to begin as a beginner and promote myself as I was ready. 

I hope that I can take what I have learned and try to encourage others to learn what works best for their family.  So as I will continue to post meals (although they are not exciting since I am trying to loose baby weight), I will also post the deals I am getting in the North LA area.

Hope you find something that peaks your interest!

Here are some deals I got the week of June 16.  I apologize for the terrible picture.  I ran around on my lunch break and simply could not wait to get home to lay everything out and capture the joy of success.  It is not often that I am able to find this many items stocked in our stores so I was thrilled!!  All coupon match ups can be found on www.thekrazycouponlady.com

The Hefty bags are from Dollar Tree.  $1 per box with a $1/2 coupon so 50cents.
The Clorox wipes, Pull-up wipes, stir fry seasoning, and dill pickles are from Walmart.  The pickles and seasoning were free with overage and the rest were really cheap.  These coupons can be found under the Walmart tab.  Finally the Right Guard, toothbrushes and toothpaste were from Walgreens. Sometimes when you go on Mondays, the drugstores are already wiped out.  However, everything was beautifully stocked and the cashier even tried to help me split my transactions!! I love days like this!  My total cost for all of these items.  $3.50!!! (including tax).  Yay!



Here is a representation of my meals lately.  As I mentioned, I am trying to focus on loosing baby weight.  For me, that means watching carbs and eating alot of salads.  My husband and I have kind of become addicted and do our best to pile up as many low carb options as possible!!  It is actually really really good! In this salad I used sautéed onions, celery, and peppers (made a big batch on Sunday afternoon to last through the week), mushrooms, and shredded egg whites! 


Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment