Wednesday, March 7, 2012

BREAKFAST BURRITOS!!

This idea came from a pancake mix that I had in the pantry that I needed to use quickly as the expiration date had passed a few days ago.  I found these cute little shake and pours at Brookshires for BOGO for a penny sale (you know it's my favorite!).  I can also wash them out and save them for pretend cooking as RL gets older!

The burritos are just made of sausage, eggs, and cheese.  Make sure to season your eggs well with salt and pepper.  I also like to add a little milk as well.  We love salsa with burritos even breakfast themed!

Results:

1) D rated it an 8.  He really wasn't feeling the idea when I presented it, but the reality is that he doesn't have a choice, unless he wants to prepare something for himself.  He was pleased with the results.

2) RL was interested in the pancakes and eggs.  She gagged on the strawberries. :)

3)  I thought it was excellent and stopped at one so I could bring one to work the next day!

**These are GREAT frozen.  Make extra and wrap them in foil and place in a zip lock bag.  They can be heated up straight from the freezer in the oven with the foil or remove foil, wrap in a paper towel and heat in the microwave.  It is so easy for a quick lunch!!

I received a big package today!! My learning tower I ordered for RL.  I am so anxious to see if she likes it!


RL loves to be in the kitchen with me and is very interested in everything I do.  I thought this would be a great learning tool for her.  From a developmental stand point (sometimes I forget child development was my educational background based on the rapid amount of mommy mistakes I make on a daily basis)....as I was saying...from a developmental stand point, the opportunities are endless.  Being able to work in the kitchen with mom is great for independence learning and confidence building!!

Let's see how many meltdowns take place before the finished product emerges!



No comments:

Post a Comment