Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1/31/12 - Tuesday

Roast Beef Biscuit Sandwiches



I know this sounds wierd. But it was actually pretty good. It was created based on availability as always and my husband also needed some meat to put in his precious "wraps" he makes for lunch everyday (must I do everything?). I have found that alot of times we waste leftovers because there are too many options for lunch. So my strategy recently has been NOT to buy deli meat so that we force ourselves to eat leftovers. The husband will throw anything into a wrap, so as long as I make enough for that....he is golden.



I had Hormel Roast Beef that often goes on sale. You can get it for between 4 and 5 dollars at Brookshires during a sale. I also have tons of buscuits that I got on sale for less than a dollar. During a brainstorming session with my coworker, we came up with these sandwiches.

Let me pause and interject the current status of RL...


She has been crazy with her sleeping patterns lately and I went back and forth all day today strategizing on how I will triump over the random sleep monster. Welllllll........she never woke from her "on the way from school" nap. Crisis averted!!! Maybe we can triump tomorrow....
Moving on....this is what I used.....

Cook the buscuits and then slice them open and add cheese. For this meal I used pepper jack cheese. Sliced and shredded cheese is waaaaay cheaper when purchased at Sams (fyi). Season the veggies (Natures Own and Pepper) and serve! I added some creole mustard to the sandwiches, bc I thought it needed a kick. And it did. And so does my husband.......most of the time :)


Results:


1) RL again ate nothing

2) D gave it a 7. Everything was good with no suggestions. He apparently is not a huge fan of roast beef which affected his rating. Who knew?

3) I thought it was fine and super easy. Wouldnt serve it to guest (obvs b/c it is microwave meat), but I will make it again based on the easy and sale price factors.


Sooooooooo..........here is a question for my 3 members. I checked the veggies I cut up earlier in the week and this is what my potatoes looked like???
What is this? What does it mean? Anyone? I dug out the celery and carrots therefore there was some survivors. However the pots didnt make it and they were discarded with an unspoken (and non-existant) ceremony.

Someone please explain?








No comments:

Post a Comment