Monday, November 10, 2014

Sweet Corn Chili

I picked up this recipe from the mix match mama blog. After following her instructions, the taste test revealed blandness. Now, i dont know if my taste buds demand extra flavoring or what but i tend to always have to add seasoning to what ever I am cooking.



I will share the original recipe and then include my add ons.  She makes it all in one pot on the stove, however, I simmered it all day in the crockpot.



1) Brown hamburger meat with onions (she also adds jalapenos that I left out for the kids....maybe that is why I was missing flavor?)



2) Combine the meat and the following ingredients into a crockpot:  Can of black beans, can of tomato paste, can of cream of corn, can of rotel, frozen corn, and 2 tablespoons of chili powder.



3) Simmer on low for as long as you would like.



I boiled some frozen corn on the cob and added it to the crockpot.




I also added 2 tablespoons of the following seasoning: Garlic powder, natures own, pepper, and sugar.


It was so so so so so so good!! I served over chips and added salsa and cheese on top!!



Now...do you want to hear something heartbreaking...........



I prepared two containers: one for family leftovers and one for lunch the next day.  Then I left it out ALL.NIGHT.LONG!!!!





Is your heart breaking? Mine is still broken several hours later.



Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment