Monday, June 2, 2014

IT IS VACATION WEEK!!!!

Did I yell that loud enough???  Yes, folks, it is count down to the beach!!! I seriously can NOT contain myself.  I have not been on a week long vacation since I was in high school and my daddy carried that bill.  We have been totally BLESSED that our friends invited us to share their FREE condo offered to them by a client.  I adore this family.   They are PERFECT to vacation with and I know we will have an amazing time!!!!

Do you know how much it cost to vacation??? ALOT!!  We always focus on the cost of the hotel and perhaps the food, but what about everything else that we need to do to PREPARE for the vacay.  Let me tell you about it, because my cost are adding up QUICK.

1) The cost to board my dog.......I cannot even speak it aloud
2)  Wait.....where is my suitcase?? Oh yeah, we threw it away after I could not safety pin the gigantic hole any longer.  Who in the world likes buying new luggage.  Yuck
3) Beach props.......well, you don't want the kids to be board
4) Safety devices for both kids
5) Gas.....enough said
6) Oil Changed

In addition and unfortunately for me, I have not been at my new job long enough to earn vacation time.  So I will actually be loosing pay.....no fun.

We have been saving a while to take care of these cost, so we hopefully won't get hit too hard!!  This is when those multiple jobs come in handy!! I can most certainly get creative when we are in need of extra money.  I'll give you a few ideas.

1) Our credit card offers cash back.  We ONLY use the card for the rewards and pay it off at the end of each month....otherwise, you are not earning money
2) I sell stuff on facebook.....and stash the cash for vacation.  I love watching that money grow!
3) Any money I make from selling makeup, dancer buckets and pampered chef goes into the vacation fund
4) I have saved a gift card from my Big Whit boss for 2 years for this vacation!!

Obviously.....lots of couponing help us to prepare for and ENJOY this well deserved vacation!!!!

SIX DAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment